- High level of convenience owing to adjustable temperature control and preset mode
- Very user-friendly interface only for functions
- Improved security and safety due to password protected temperature setting. Also, ESD safe
- Wide selection of tips allows for soldering SMD as well as through hole applications
- Compact design and size takes up less bench space
- While Hakko FX888D-23BY can do a lot of soldering jobs, it may lack tips for other soldering projects.
- The two function buttons can be a little bit confusing leading to inadvertent temperature adjustment and therefore inaccuracy of temperature reading.
Power - 100%
Quality - 100%
Quick Heating - 99%
Customer Reviews - 99%
Works Properly - 99%
Hakko FX888D-23BY has taken the soldering market by storm because of its technologically advanced features and specifications. It is specially designed to deliver great results on work-piece. TFX888D is actually an updated version of its popular predecessor FX888. This soldering station is equipped with new features that make an idea for all manner of soldering works. This Hakko FX888D-23BY review will discuss some of the greatest features and specifications as well as pros and cons.
Notable Hakko FX888D-23BY Features
- Adjustable temperature control
The soldering process requires precise temperature control to provide the desired output. This soldering station is designed to enable you to monitor temperature easily through a digital display. It also features preset mode as well as password function to allow the user to adjust the tool to his or her liking.
- Wonderful thermal recovery
One of the most important features of this soldering station is its great thermal recovery. The heater output of Hakko FX888D-23BY has been increased by 30 percent as compared to other models currently on the market. It also uses what is known as the T18 series to help with thermal recovery and heat conductivity. The result is that you can solder at lower temperatures and thereby minimize the heat impact on components. Thermal recovery lessens tip oxidation to prolong the lifespan of the soldering tip.
- User-friendly format
The tool does not require any special skills to operate. It is designed to have only two options: UP and ENTER. This feature increases the convenience of temperature control by allowing the user to adjust the temperature as desired. The soldering station?s iron holder and small station are designed to keep your cleaning area uncluttered.
Hakko FX888D Relevant Specifications
- Adjustable temperature control
- Digital display in ºF or ºC
- Temperature range 120 – 899ºF (50 – 480ºC)
- Password protected temperature setting
- Preset mode with up to 5 present temperatures
- Ceramic heating elements
- Contains a number of tips: T18-BL, T18-B, T18-I, T18-D32, T18-D24, T18-C05, T18-S7
- The package comes with 599-029 cleaning wire
- Weighs 4.7 pounds and measures 9.8 x 9.5 x 7.4 inches
Hakko FX888D-23BY is a great soldering station. It is equipped with incredible features and specifications making it easy to use, convenience and useful in a variety of soldering projects. It is worth purchasing, as it will give a good return on investment. You can check it out if you are looking for a good soldering station.